Monday, February 25, 2013

56/365: Macro Monday

Just kidding. I didn't take a macro today. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday when I'm struggling to find a picture to take.

I pass patches of this grass throughout my commutes (yes, that's plural on purpose)... I have no idea what this grass is, per say, but there are exactly two spots of these bunches of grass that grab the sunlight perfectly. One patch is bathed by the sunrise and one is bathed by the sunset. I've been waiting to take pictures of one of these patches for weeks and growing impatient as I have no idea if this grass will transform with the seasons.

Today, on my ride home, I was determined to get a shot. It was a winter sky that had sun shining bright, but parts of the sky were dark. The "no reason" kind of dark. No snow, no rain, just clouds. I love the contrast this has. When I approached the grass, the sun was hiding and I was almost let down, but it came back out for a few minutes, and I got some awesome shots.

What I love about this project, is that it's not only a great way to document a year, but to also experiment with different images to find my style. I really took advantage of this today. I changed my settings several times.

The winner of the picture of the day is this gem... chosen by Dustin because I couldn't decide.


Here are some more that I just love.... 








Which one is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. They are all beautiful! The fourth and fifth from the top are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Olga!! I think those are my favorites too :)

    ReplyDelete