Tuesday, February 12, 2013

43/365: Tummy Tuesday

Today was a busy, wonderful Tuesday. I was very surprised to be showered by my incredible co-workers with even more baby things! There's nothing like a shower to humble you and overwhelm you with the  generosity of those around you. I'm very lucky to have so many amazing people in my life!

After the shower, I ran some errands (and rescheduled a dinner date with a friend!) and got home to an empty house due to my amazing husband working overtime. However, that of course left only me to unload the car! Long and short of it.... by the time I was in the door, I was (and still am) completely exhausted and still had to take my Tummy Tuesday picture.

I tried to take a few different shots and just couldn't get any that I really liked. I finally laid on the bed and tried a shot this way. A week or two ago, Dustin and I had our fabulous wedding photographer Isabel come to our home and take some gorgeous maternity photos. My picture of the day is an idea I got from her shoot. It's a sad excuse of a photograph next to her work, but it will work for the picture of the day!

Taking a self portrait with a 10 second timer, 8 1/2 week belly, jumping on and off the bed... well it's totally exhausting! It's hard to focus the image, get the composition you want and really, by the time I got on and off the bed 10 times, I truly didn't care if I got a good image. I was way too tired to keep going!

SO, with all of that said, I give you my Tummy Tuesday shot! I can't believe we get to meet this little girl in 6 weeks or less!


No comments:

Post a Comment