Thursday, February 14, 2013

45/365: V-Day

It's funny to me how some days, it feels nearly impossible to get a picture of the day. It's like searching for a needle in a hay stack. Then, other days, the opportunities present themselves throughout the day. Typically, I'll choose one and share a runner up on a day like those, but today, you're getting several. It's a Valentine's Day story!

This morning, the area woke up to snow. Not the kind of snow that causes delays, or even snow that you can play in. It was just a wet blanket of beautiful snow. I got these shots right before I left work... by the way, I not only shot "up" at the landscape around my house because I love the trees against the sky, but because I don't want you to have to look at my neighbors' houses or roofs. It ruins the beauty of the photo :)





It was a morning that involved a lot of rushing, so that I could get to an early meeting. The entire ride to work was full of incredible photo opportunities, but I simply just didn't have time to stop. The snow was a blanket over everything; it was just spectacular. I could easily stew that I missed these shots, but instead, I'm glad I at least got the ones I did!

Of course, it's Valentine's Day. A day I'm actually not a huge fan of... I think it's 100% a Hallmark Holiday. However, it was the very first holiday Dustin and I ever shared together. Today was the 7th "first holiday" of our relationship. To celebrate, Dustin cooked me dinner.


He made salmon spinach fettuccine alfredo. Quite honestly, it doesn't look incredibly appetizing, does it? When I took the first bite, though.... WOW! Delicious! The flavors were so much more colorful than the actual dish.


After dinner, we sat in the living room and shared our cards. Neither of us go a day without reminding one another how much we love each other, but the cards are still so special to read and to have as a keep sake. I'm such a lucky lady and so is this little girl.



And, though I love every picture above this one, I give you the picture of the day:


And your picture of the day runner up:


Happy Valentine's Day!! I hope, no matter where you are or who you're with, that you saw the beauty in your day.

2 comments:

  1. Erin,
    Beautiful pics of the snow!
    Nice Valentine's Day story!
    Picture of the day is my favorite. Love the blurry background!
    I am curious about the picture of your holding hands. Did you hold the camera or use a tripod?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olga! I actually held the camera to take the hands picture. It wasn't very easy though! And I set my camera on an ottoman to grab the shot of us on the couch.

      Delete