Saturday, February 9, 2013

40/365: Snowy Saturday

I'm always hesitant to post the picture of the day early; especially before noon, but I'm taking a leap of faith.

Considering Nemo made The World News, I'm assuming most of you reading this are aware of the storm that hit the east coast. We live right on the boarder of where the two storms collided, so it was nearly impossible for the meteorologists to determine how much snow would fall. No, we didn't get 12 inches, but we woke up to a beautiful snowy Saturday morning.

The sun rose in hiding this morning and as soon as it peaked through the clouds, I ran out to take some pictures. We're very fortunate to live where we do. Close to town, but on an acre of property covered with trees. Already, at day 40 in the project, I'm noticing how much I love taking pictures of branches against the sky with some sun burst in the background. When I started taking these shots, I realized I needed to take some of the actual snow!

After taking several pictures, it's hard to choose the picture. I chose this one because it truly captures the feeling of the morning: crisp, cold and still.


The runner up...

And a few more for your viewing pleasure...


 



The photo below is a complete blooper. It's way under exposed, but it turns out I love it. No, it has nothing to do with the snow, but I just love the sun and silhouettes! 


5 comments:

  1. Erin,

    Beautiful pictures! I like all of them! I am glad you put more than one...It would be too sad not to share them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olga! I saw that you got 3 ft. Amazing!! I hope you're all safe and warm :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Erin. We are safe and warm. We are definitely snowed in. There might not be school tomorrow. Yikes! My kids have been great, but we really need some fresh air. We want to go out, but the snow is so deep we sink in and it's really hard to move around....Although I am thinking about going out with my camera and see what I can do!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Really pretty Erin, I too have a thing for bare tree branches against the sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Like sunsets and sunrises, they just don't stop being pretty pictures!

      Delete