Friday, January 4, 2013

4/365: Favorite Farm Friday

Doing a 365 sounds exciting and inspiring for anyone who enjoys taking pictures and capturing moments, professional photag or not. However, I'm sure by day 20, anyone would start to feel a little overwhelmed at the thought of how many more pictures there are to take in the year. Anticipating this inevitable reality, I decided to do some reading on tips in completing a successful 365. A tip that made a lot of sense to me was to try and create themes. Themes will help keep you focused and make it easier to find a picture to take on certain days. Of course the themes don't have to happen throughout the entire year, and no one will hunt you down if you don't stick to that theme on that particular day, but it will certainly help filter those nagging "what picture do I take today?!" thoughts.

With this in mind, I've decided to make Fridays my favorite farm days. Why you ask? Well, I live in Lehigh County and work in Bucks County. Do you know how many farms I pass in a given day?? Me neither, but I know it's a lot, and I love every.single.one. I have a 50 minute drive to work. I'm constantly asked, "Do you hate it?" No, I don't. In fact, I really enjoy it. I pass countless farms and drive through a beautiful lake/park all on gorgeous windy country roads. I get to see every sunrise and sunset... most, anyway, and I get to enjoy everything these two counties have to offer in my 100 minutes of driving every day.

Okay.... do me a favor. Remind me of the above paragraph in a few months when I'm driving away from my brand new baby left at day care!!

So, now, the first farm. I decided on my way to work that this would be my first farm picture. For some reason, it pulls at my heart strings more than the others. After last minute phone calls at work, a student missing the bus (why does this always happen on a Friday?), and getting stuck behind a state trooper, I was SO happy to be able to make it to this farm before the sun was completely down. This farm became vacant close to when we moved here a little over a year ago. Every time I drive by it, I'm always stunned by its beauty and personality as it sits so still and empty. This barn is accompanied by a gorgeous farm home across the street and several fields and horse stables behind it. I hope to see horses grazing the fields again soon. This property is the most charismatic on fall mornings when fog gets caught in the valley and sits low on the ground. I promise to capture that image one day, 365 or not!

Happy Friday!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Barn! I have never seen one out of stone like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you pointed that out! To be completely honest, I don't think I realized this. Despite admiring all the farm buildings I pass every day, I think I'm still jaded. Can't wait to take more.

      Delete