Monday, October 7, 2013

280/365: An Autumn Sunset

Our house is in a valley, so it's really hard to see sunsets and sunrises. I hate that I miss them, but get so excited when I get glimpses. 

Some sunrises, I can actually see... it's harder to see over the houses in front of us, but it's more frequent that I'll look out the window and catch a beautiful glimpse of the rising sun. The sunset, on the other hand, is seldom seen from our house since the mountain is higher behind us. 

As I was putting Hannah to bed, I noticed light coming through the blinds, which surprised me considering it had been gloomy and rainy all day. Thinking nothing of it, I walked down the stairs and saw the sky lit up in beautiful reds and purples. I absolutely couldn't believe I was witnessing a sunset from my windows! I can only imagine how it looked on the other side of the mountain, but I'm glad I caught this glimpse. 


Here's your cuteness for the day. I can't even take it!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment